Joe Buck, Troy Aikman comments on military flyovers were not on a hot mic
1. If you’ve been on the Internet over the past 48 hours, you most likely saw the video of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman talking about military flyovers.
The internet, as it always does, ran with the video with no context and spun it to paint Buck and Aikman as super liberal, anti-military people.
Aikman fought back against that narrative yesterday when he addressed the controversy.
Buck will address this situation on his podcast, Daddy Issues, which comes out Thursday.
There are many things about this ridiculous story that need to be cleared up. First, it seemed pretty clear if you listened to the audio, that Buck and Aikman were goofing around and being sarcastic.
Two, and most important, they were not caught on a hot mic. This did not take place during a break in the Packers-Bucs game.
Upstate News Headlines
- 8 Ways to Watch Movies Online with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Record Time: New & Notable Vinyl Releases (November 2020)
- On the Move: Mikaela Duchnak
- Residents in Easley complain of mass power outage on Thanksgiving morning
- Covid-19 fact generator: A handy tool for your Thanksgiving dinner
- 3 Tips for COVID-19 Risk Management
- Centre Stage announces a virtual Christmas Spectacular for 2020
- Groups in the Upstate work to give back this Thanksgiving
- Pickens County Schools scale back reopening plan
- New York Times: Justice Department probed Georgia Sen. David Perdue’s stock sales at beginning of pandemic