GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) – The city of Greenville said AmeriGas will conduct a “burn off” to service the liquid propane tank at the Costco on Woodruff Road Wednesday night.
The process, which officials said takes about five hours to complete, is expected to begin around 9 p.m.
Officials said a burn off allows the gas inside the tank to burn as it vents from the tank
“Those living and working near Costco or driving in the vicinity tonight may see a column of flames above the building; however, it should not be a cause for concern,” officials said in a news release. “AmeriGas has worked with the Greenville City Fire Department to secure the required permits and approvals, and a fire official will be on-site beforehand to ensure they are taking the appropriate safety precautions.”
MORE NEWS – <a class=”tnt-asset-link” style=”font-size: 1.17em;” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/mace-flips-south-carolina-seat-in-us-house-back-to-gop/article_8ea710f8-1e6f-11eb-a0d6-8b7f30e7ddc1.html?block_id=994023″>Mace flips South Carolina seat in US House back to GOP</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Common Candy Trivia Facts You Should Know
- Trump Responds as Bill Barr Says DOJ has not found widespread voter fraud in 2020 Election
- Emergency management says phone outage in McDowell Co. affecting 911 calls has been resolved
- New stores coming to Haywood Mall and Gaffney Outlet Marketplace this holiday season
- Barr: No evidence of fraud that’d change election outcome
- Biden unveils economic team at critical moment for recovery
- Clemson aiming for more in-person classes in spring semester, weekly testing for all students & employees
- Upstate counties account for 44 percent of Tuesday’s new COVID-19 cases in SC
- Greer Tidbits Previews The Greer Christmas Celebration
- Take a Video Tour of the Environmental Science and Sustainability Center at Roper Mountain Science Center