Head out on your favorite hike this fall or discover some new ones with this guide to 13 of the top hiking destinations in our region. When you’re done on the trail, scout out the best spots in town to grab a drink. Please check with locations prior to travel to make sure it is safe to visit or use this guide to plan future trips when we can all be together again.
Paddle Lake Jocassee in the fall for views of the changing leaves. Photo courtesy Lake Hartwell County Lake Hartwell Country, SC
Tucked away in the Southern Appalachian Mountains of South Carolina, Lake Hartwell Country is home to sweeping vistas, powerful rivers, and refreshing lakes.
Take in the grandeur of the Blue Ridge Escarpment, or the Blue Wall, where the mountains drop a dramatic 2,000 feet in less than half a mile to the foothills below. Due
Upstate News Headlines
- Krispy Kreme Announces New Christmas Donuts for 2020
- Deputies: Suspects wanted in TN arrested in Arden
- Crews: Fire rips through abandoned house in Easley
- Trump pardons Flynn, taking direct aim at Russia probe
- McMaster gives DHEC authority to move forward with school COVID-19 testing program
- SC DHEC Announces over 1200 New Covid-19 Infections :: November 25
- Deputies: Greenville Co. pastor charged with child sex crimes spanning over a decade
- FOX Carolina Investigates: Internet romance scams on the rise during COVID-19
- SLED: Seneca woman charged with arson in connection to townhome fire in mid-November
- Top 5 things to know about Cyber Monday 2020