The Celebrity Infinity Cruise ship where DJ Caio Saldanha and the rest of the crew had been trapped since mid-March. | Joe Raedle/Getty Images
When Covid-19 put an end to cruises, customers went home. Crews weren’t so lucky.
The remnants of Caio Saldanha’s past life are fossilized on his Instagram feed. In December, the Brazilian DJ uploaded a video of a deliriously packed cruise ship floating on the rippling Atlantic ocean. But since then, that euphoria has been set aside. Instead, Saldanha, who has worked a number of different cruise dates in his career, posts a few Instagram stories a week detailing the two months he has been trapped at sea.
The Trump administration issued a no-sail mandate on all boating on March 13, the day before Saldanha launched on Celebrity Cruises’ 1,000-foot Celebrity Infinity ship for a 24-week stay. That left him,
Upstate News Headlines
- North Carolina Mountains May be Impacted by Major Winter Storm Next Week
- No. 13 Georgia, Daniels look to build on debut vs. Gamecocks
- Upstate Uber driver discusses mask requirements
- Teen charged with felony DUI after crash killed passenger
- News Update from FOX Carolina
- Bond hearing for Justin Fowler
- Black Friday shopping at Haywood Mall
- Saturday College Football Free Pick: Pittsburgh vs. Clemson
- Clemson vs Pittsburgh 11/28/20 Free College Football Picks and Predictions CFB Tips
- Max’s Clemson take renders Finebaum ‘speechless’