In 2020, when it should be clearly understood that making women symbols of weakness is both inaccurate and objectionable, Gregg Marshall apparently has not evolved.
Spelled out in uncensored English by The Athletic on Tuesday, the latest stories of abusive behavior by Wichita State basketball coach Gregg Marshall are, in a word, gross. His alleged use of slang terms for female anatomy to insult his players’ manhood and insinuate a lack of toughness actually perform the opposite of their intentions.
They graphically illustrate Marshall’s own weakness.
This is a man who can’t coach fortitude without getting into the gutter, who confuses challenging his players with belittling them, who believes basketball is some kind of weird testosterone cage match. What a limited worldview. What a limited vocabulary. What limited teaching skills.
One of the most disturbing elements of this most recent Marshall story is the fact that the vile terminology, hand gestures and
Upstate News Headlines
- Family mourns on birthday of Spartanburg teen killed in July 2020
- Trevor Lawrence on last game in Clemson: “There’s not many places like it”
- Meet Maxine “Big Momma” Davis. She just turned 100 and threw an axe to celebrate
- #1 Clemson vs Pittsburgh Highlights Plus Dabo’s Postgame Comments
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Tigers take out frustrations on Pitt in dominant Death Valley effort
- Troopers: Passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- Upstate Weather: Heavy Rain Arrives Sunday Night
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th