Yesterday, Greenville Count Schools answered questions parents had submitted about their plans for the return to school. For more in depth information, please review their new Return to School Parent Resource Page.
School changes include:
- New Elementary Schools Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Flexible in-person attendance based on the spread of the virus in Greenville County
- GCS has added a new full-time virtual option for students in grades 5K-12.
- Greenville County Schools is asking ALL families who will have a student or students enrolled for the 2020-21 school year to complete a new Transportation Request Form by July 15th.
Facebook Live Q&A
Return to School Roadmap 2020
Greenville County Schools know that parents want to have in person classes in the Fall. To that end, the school district has devised a flexible plan to accommodate the spread of the virus and offer as safe a learning environment as possible.
Here’s the latest information regarding in-person school attendance for this fall from greenville.k12.sc.us/
In-Person Attendance Dependent on Virus Spread in the Community
The goal of the GCS administration is to return to in-person school five days a week, as soon as it is safe to do so. Under guidelines produced by the AccelerateED task force, schools should correlate attendance plans to Community Spread levels. In general, as community spread increases, the number of students present in school each day should decrease, down to and including zero. DHEC issues a new community spread rating each Monday, and as a result, we will not know our attendance plan for the start of school until much closer to August 17. Our Attendance Plan Roadmap provides four possible attendance scenarios for students: 0 days of in-person attendance (also known as eLearning), 1 day of in-person attendance (1/4 of students attend each day, Mon-Thurs), 2 days of in-person attendance (1/2 of students attend each day, Mon-Thurs), and our regular five-day schedule. We are only able to maintain social distance in schools under Attendance Plans 1 and 2.
This video explains what the in-person attendance schedule will look like this school year in Greenville County
GCS Virtual Program and eLearning for Traditional In-Person Attendance Comparison Chart
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Girl Scout sells cookies in all 50 states
- Watch: WW2 bomb detonated after homes evacuated
- Doctors explain why younger adults may have harsher side effects from second shot of COVID-19
- Clemson cornerback Derion Kendrick no longer with the team
- 2nd former aide accuses New York Gov. Cuomo of sexual harassment
- Man Accused Of Trying To Bury Wife Alive At San Diego Beach
- Deadly gas station shooting caught on camera
- 8-year-old starts business to raise money for homeless children
- Dabo makes call to Texas QB Cade Klubnik for much-awaited offer
- SC Bars and restaurants preparing for more crowds after Gov. McMaster lifts ‘Last Call Order’