SI Gambling insider Roy Larking reviews the season to date for the Florida Panthers and New York Islanders, as well as the available betting options.
How Do Opening Round NHL Playoff Qualifying Series Work?
NHL action resumes with three days of exhibition games (July 28-30) prior to the playoffs. A qualifying round (August 1-9) follows and those series will determine who advances the Stanley Cup quarterfinals. The top four teams in each conference received a BYE into the quarterfinals. Those eight teams are playing two round robin series to establish the top four second round seeds. Boston, Tampa Bay, Washington and Philadelphia were the top four teams in the East.
The remaining 16 teams are playing eight best-of-five qualifying series. Winners advance to the quarterfinal round as the bottom four seeds in each conference. Toronto is the hub city for the first three Eastern Conference playoffs rounds and all games will
Upstate News Headlines
- Chief: smoke scare from HVAC unit prompts response from Spartanburg Co. fire departments
- Spartanburg mother of 4 returns home from 21 year prison sentence sharing encouraging message for community
- Dispatch: armed robbery reported at Greenville Co. food mart
- Rico Nasty Shines on the Mercurial Nightmare Vacation
- Greenville Co. Schools shifts quarantine policy to 10 days with new CDC guidance
- Mario's First English Manga, Super Mario Manga Mania, Is Releasing in December
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- John Boyega's Year Culminates In Every Way With Small Axe: Red, White and Blue
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing