Of course, Okam was a known commodity to Rhule and defensive coordinator Phil Snow, working for them as the defensive line coach at Baylor before coming here last season.
Snow said they were clearly confident in Okam, but since he hadn’t been a full position coach in the NFL previously, they wanted to bring in a more experienced coach at first. It didn’t take long for Okam to gain their trust with a room again.
They’ve still surrounded the 35-year-old Okam with experience (longtime line coach Don Johnson was brought in as a pass-rush specialist), but Snow said Okam has stood out as being capable for some time.
“First of all, Frank is really bright,” Snow said. “But he’s got a really good feel for the position, having done it himself, but he has an ability to connect with players and communicate what
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC