Alabama, Ohio State and the winner of Saturday’s Clemson-Notre Dame showdown look to be locks for the College Football Playoff. As for the fourth spot, it’s anyone’s guess.
Forty names, games, teams and minutiae making news in college football (rowboat repair kit sold separately in Minneapolis):
FIRST QUARTER: WE NEED A FOURTH, ANY TAKERS?
All those people who are always saying we need to expand the College Football Playoff? Have you all looked at what’s transpired this season? We don’t need expansion, we need contraction. That’s right, a three-team playoff.
Let Alabama and Ohio State finish cruising through their conferences. Then take the winner of Clemson–Notre Dame this Saturday. That’s it, that’s the field. Let them play a little round robin tourney. If one of them goes 2-0, that’s your national champion. If they all go 1-1, let the polls decide it like the old days. (That was always free of controversy,
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- DHEC working to ensure 'every drop' from vaccine vials coming into SC goes 'into arms'
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- DHEC: 3,567 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 56 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 18