If you enjoy fishing renowned blue ribbon trout streams, miles of pristine waterfront all to yourself, or the experience of reeling in a beautiful bass on a scenic mountain lake, then the Alleghany Highlands of Virginia is your next destination for an incredible fishing experience. The scenic Jackson River is the perfect spot for fly fishing with its recognition as a Blue Ribbon Trout Stream. It’s also ranked #25 in Trout Unlimited’s Guide to the Top 100 U.S. Trout Streams.
The Jackson River Scenic Trail runs adjacent to the river and is the perfect place to take in views of the Jackson’s beautiful emerald waters. The 14.4-mile trail is mostly flat and composed of smooth crushed gravel, making it perfect for all ages. If you need a kayak, canoe, or even a bike to ride along the trail, Alleghany Outdoors, a river outfitter located at the Intervale trailhead of the scenic trail, has you covered.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC