FKA twigs has released the video for the song “Sad Day” from her second album MAGDALENE. The seven-minute fantasy film was directed by Hiro Murai, who is known for his GRAMMY-winning video for Childish Gambino’s “This is America.”
Filmed in London, her hometown, FKA twigs engages in a sword fight with Teake, a dancer who she cast after connecting on social media. After three years of training in Wushu (martial arts) under the highest-ranking Wushu master in the west, FKA twigs was well-prepared for the action.
“Everything I’ve previously done with my body, all the training and dancing, has led to this point,” she says.
FKA twigs already proved herself as one of the most innovative artists and performers in her video for “Cellophane,” the first song released from MAGDALENE last year.
Watch the video for “Sad Day” below.
Upstate News Headlines
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Charlie Morton Flips His Own Postseason Narrative in Game 3
- ‘Darkest days in history’: Expert reacts to Covid-19 milestone
- South Korean officials find ‘no direct link’ between flu vaccine and recent deaths
- Bodycam shows Texas deputy saving 20-day-old baby that stopped breathing
- Crew killed when US Navy training aircraft crashes in Alabama
- Funeral held for Greenville County deputy killed in the line of duty
- Ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church
- National Drug Take back Day is Saturday