After forcing Denver to punt from deep in their own territory, a 13-yard punt return by Pharoh Cooper would have given the Panthers the ball at the 50-yard line with 2:48 left.
That’s a very manageable starting spot (even with no timeouts), except for the holding penalty on Natrell Jamerson on the return. That backed them up to their own 27, making it that much harder.
Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater barely had time to think on first down, taking a quick sack for a loss of 6 yards.
He got that and two more yards back on the next play to Cooper, but rushed a play on third down, when his boss would have preferred he waited until the two-minute warning, so they could have used that time to make sure they were in the right play.
Head coach Matt Rhule was
- Deshaun Watson Trade? Ranking Every NFL Team #1-31 On The Chances Of Trading W/ The Houston Texans
- Jeremy Chinn, Derrick Brown named to PFWA All-Rookie team
- Furman Paladins Put Perfect SoCon Record On The Line At VMI Wednesday Night
- Could Carolina Panthers trade for Deshaun Watson?
- Will Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State dominate the 2021 college football season? | USA TODAY Sports
- Clemson’s Next Star Who Is: DJ Uiagalelei
- Brad Brownell Discusses Virginia Loss
- Mahomes’s Injury, Brady Over Brees, and Rodgers Dominates With Cousin Sal | The Bill Simmons Podcast
- Zion Williamson erupts for 31 points [HIGHLIGHTS] | NBA on ESPN
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Discovery of 99-million-year-old beetle may shine light on mystery of bioluminescence
- 'My donor saved me twice': Double lung transplant recipient survives COVID-19
- Former South Carolina quarterback Hilinski announces transfer destination
- Dinosaur fossils could belong to the world's largest ever creature
- Baseball Hall of Famer Don Sutton dead at 75
- Could history repeat itself? Upstate convenience store hoping for a big win
- WNC county library staff takes on new role during vaccine rollout
- RAW VIDEO: Scene after NC shootout injures boy
- Traffic Tuesday: Improvements to Woodruff Road
- Local mother says lack of eviction protections could have her family homeless