CHARLOTTE (FOX Carolina) – Federal prosecutors say an Asheville man has pleaded guilty to orchestrating and executing a Ponzi scheme that left 23 victims defrauded, many of whom were at or near retirement age.
We first reported in October 2019 that Hal Herring Brown Jr. was indicted in federal court.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- With virus aid in sight, Democrats debate filibuster changes
- Jimmy Fallon's former penthouse home and all of its quirky features can be yours for $15 million
- Floyd's cause of death, ex-cop's force will be keys at trial
- Elon Musk lost $27 billion last week
- Greenville Co. deputies trying to corral bull on the loose
- Man charged with deadly stabbing after being wanted in AMBER alert, officials say
- Calls grow for New York Gov. Cuomo to quit from top state lawmakers
- Canada Post is sending every household a postcard to send to a loved one for free
- Notre Dame tops Tigers 3-2 on Sunday
- Brawl Breaks Out at Bath & Body Works Between Employees and Woman