Did you know Elvis Presley once performed in Spartanburg? Or there were sit-ins at the Woolworth’s and Kress lunch counters? Or what happened to the granite stones that once paved Spartanburg’s streets? Join us Saturday. August 29 and learn something NEW about the history of your hometown! Register now for the NEW Downtown Spartanburg Walking Tour.
This walking tour begins at the Zimmerelli Plaza of the Chapman Cultural Center and ends at the Spartanburg Regional History Museum. Social distancing will be observed. Parking is available at the Chapman Cultural Center.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Clemson wins 4th straight, holds Wake Forest to 39 points
- Mississippi St. jumps out early, beats South Carolina 69-48
- VIDEO: Dog enjoys snow with skis, in need of forever home
- High School basketball playoffs underway in the Upstate
- Which face mask is best for communication? A new study weighs in
- Community calls for safer streets after lawsuit settlement four years after teen's death
- Here's what you need to know about February's full Snow Moon
- Golf without Tiger Woods? Injuries from wreck brings prospect closer to reality
- Officials investigate box of Covid-19 vaccines found on a Puerto Rico street
- Vaccine allocations expected to increase next week, DHEC officials say