Wanderlust is defined as a strong desire to travel, but here in Virginia, we call that feeling WanderLove.
With more than 20,000 acres of pristine waters and 500 miles of picturesque shoreline, Smith Mountain Lake is an outdoor lover’s paradise located at the foot of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains and is among the most popular residential, vacation, and recreational spots on the East Coast.
Whether you seek days full of activities or more serene time spent relaxing, our region’s amazing beauty and natural resources make Smith Mountain Lake the ideal road trip destination.
Vacationers from across the globe come to Smith Mountain Lake during all four seasons to fish and enjoy numerous water sports. And they usually end up discovering a variety of unexpected delights. Friendly people and genuine hospitality make everyone feel welcome and with world-class historical sites such as the Booker T. Washington National Monument and
Upstate News Headlines
- Spartanburg mother of 4 returns home from 21 year prison sentence sharing encouraging message for community
- Dispatch: armed robbery reported at Greenville Co. food mart
- Rico Nasty Shines on the Mercurial Nightmare Vacation
- Greenville Co. Schools shifts quarantine policy to 10 days with new CDC guidance
- Mario's First English Manga, Super Mario Manga Mania, Is Releasing in December
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- John Boyega's Year Culminates In Every Way With Small Axe: Red, White and Blue
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- John Mulaney Got a Visit from the Secret Service after a Joke in His SNL Monologue