Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Carson is being severely undervalued by the fantasy drafters. SI Fantasy expert Jaime Eisner explains why.
It’s never too early to start your fantasy football research, and we here at SI Fantasy want to provide you with the best information possible heading into your drafts. Our “Draft or Pass” video series takes a closer look at a fantasy player that will be debated often leading up to fantasy drafts. Are our hosts targeting this player specifically? Are they avoiding him entirely?
Today’s video focuses on Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Carson.
Draft or Pass at current ADP: 35.3 (RB19)?
I understand why some have reservations when it comes to trusting Carson as an RB2. He has injury concerns and had problematic fumbling issues last season that could cost him playing time if they continue in 2020. However, I don’t believe he’s one fumble away from losing the starting job.
Rashaad Penny will get more work in 2020 when healthy, but he likely won’t be ready to start the season. Carlos Hyde was recently signed and will have some role in the offense, but not enough to scare me away from Carson. Fellow SI Fantasy analyst Corey Parson agrees with me on that front.
Coming off his first 1,000-plus yard season, Hyde adds another capable runner to Seattle’s stable of backs and in terms of providing insurance until Rashaad Penny returns from a torn ACL, he might have been the best option left on the free agent market.
The Seahawks run so frequently that Carson can still be highly successful even if others get some touches (see: Week 13 vs. Minnesota). The other major issue is the hip injury that cut his season short. Luckily, he did not need surgery and should be a full-go by the start of training camp.
No one can doubt Carson’s production. He finished the 2019 season as the RB10 in total points and RB12 in average fantasy points per game in PPR formats. That’s after finishing as the RB18 last season in both of those categories in 2018. He’s a safer option than many believe, and you don’t have to pay a Top 30 price for him.
MORE FROM SI FANTASY
- Latest Dynasty Rankings
- So We Trust DeVante Parker Now?
- D.J. Moore is the Quintessential Third-Year Receiver, Break Out Ain’t Over
- All-In on Nick Chubb, Even in PPR Formats
- The Hype is Real! All Aboard the A.J. Brown Express!
- Don’t Expect The Adam Thielen of Old
- Devonta Freeman’s Ideal Fantasy Landing Spots
- T.Y. Hilton 2020 Outlook
- Draft or Pass: Patriots WR Julian Edelman
- Draft or Pass: Ravens RB Mark Ingram
- Draft or Pass: Falcons RB Todd Gurley
- Thomas vs. McCaffrey: Battle For First Fantasy Pick
- Drafting CeeDee Lamb Will Only Boost Amari Cooper’s Fantasy Value
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- ICU nurse survives double lung transplant brought on by COVID-19
- Despite losing her job, woman leads food pantry that feeds thousands
- Cold and wet today
- Tiger Woods transferred to LA hospital after surgery
- At pivotal moment in Afghanistan war, President Biden weighs a dilemma
- Search and Rescue Dogs search for mass graves of Revolutionary War battle in Laurens County
- Area basketball teams advance to SCHSL Upper State championship games
- McConnell says he'd support former President Trump if he wins 2024 nomination
- Iowa man relinquishes rights to dog after neighbor captures video of him dragging pet
- Homeless man given shelter after he donates to help Texas victims