On August 11, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) unveiled a new online dashboard that provides detailed county-level data that helps provide a localized look at the impacts of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 in South Carolina. This new dashboard was developed by DHEC’s data analysts, GIS specialists and epidemiologists using information gathered through the agency’s expansive disease surveillance capabilities. Please learn more by reading the August 11 news release announcing the new dashboard.
This new dashboard was developed by DHEC’s data analysts, GIS specialists and epidemiologists using information gathered through the agency’s expansive disease surveillance capabilities.
“In what could traditionally take a year or more to develop, our public health and data specialists have built in months an in-depth and interactive online resource for public use that gives a breakdown of demographics, testing, hospitalizations and more for all 46 counties,” said Dr. Joan Duwve, DHEC Public Health Director. “DHEC has been tracking county-specific data since the first cases of COVID-19 were detected in the state, but the agency’s efforts to consolidate this vast, evolving information into an online resource that will be updated daily is truly amazing, and our state is fortunate to have such an adept team of experts working behind the scenes.”
Please view the users’ manual available here to help navigate through through the dashboard and better understand the data as presented. It’s important to note that the data within the dashboard is provisional and subject to change as we learn new information.
They want your feedback! Please take this short survey to provide your thoughts on the new County-Level Dashboard. This input will be considered for potential future updates to this display of county-specific COVID-19 data.
More Covid-19 Dashboards
Upstate News Headlines
- Lou Dobbs Attacks Lindsey Graham
- The Salvation Army of Spartanburg in need of winter donations
- Clemson 47, Syracuse 21: Nolan Turner postgame
- Clemson 47, Syracuse 21: Brent Venables postgame
- Clemson 47, Syracuse 21: Dabo Swinney postgame press conference
- Elliott says Tigers overcame test, looked humbled and hungry
- Etienne says he left some plays out there in win over Syracuse
- Lawrence hardest on himself after struggles in win over Syracuse
- One of last GOP holdouts, Alaska Sen. Murkowski says she backs Barrett for Supreme Court
- The Latest: Jon Bon Jovi does what he can at Biden rally