Greenville, SC (FOX Carolina) – Wednesday morning, troopers with the South Carolina Highway Patrol say they were called to the scene of a fatal collision in Greenville.
According to troopers, the accident happened around 3:56 a.m. near S.C. 291 at Augusta Road, about two miles south of Greenville.
Troopers say a 2002 Hyundai was traveling north on S.C. 291 when a pedestrian walking west across the roadway was struck by the vehicle.
Troopers say the driver was seat belted and not hurt, but we’re told the pedestrian died on scene.
The coroner later identified the pedestrian as 41-year-old Tammy Redding of Drury Lane in Mauldin.
The cause of death was determined to be blunt force injuries and the manner was accidental, per the coroner’s report.
More news: <a href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/weather/hot-wednesday-plus-looking-to-lauras-potential-impacts/article_908bc6de-e715-11ea-9270-df616372cfb0.html” target=”_blank”>Hot Wednesday, plus looking to Laura’s potential impacts</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Warming today
- Rockets hit airbase in Iraq hosting US troops, US forces say
- President Biden urges Senate Dems to rally behind $1.9T virus bill
- Tips for Preparing Your Home for Spring Storms
- Basketball State Championship field set after two more Upstate teams advance on Tuesday
- South Carolina blown out by No. 12 Arkansas for eighth loss in last ten
- More Americans are dying “in the prime of their lives,” new report finds
- Greenville School District plans for teacher vaccinations to start next week
- President Biden's Cabinet half-empty after slow start in confirmations
- Damien Jurado Announces The Monster Who Hated Pennsylvania, Shares Single “Helena”