OCONEE COUNTY, S.C. (FOX Carolina) – The Oconee County Coroner’s Office confirms a man’s body was found near an old plant in the Seneca area Friday, and that the investigation is underway.
Oconee County deputies confirmed they investigating reports that a body was found near an old plant Friday evening.
Master deputy Jimmy Watt with OCSO says the call came in around 5:11 p.m., near the old Covidien plant off of Highway 28. The investigation is in the early stages, but Watt says investigators are on scene.
He also noted this was near the Bountyland community.
The coroner’s office later said the body found was a man, and that identification was found with the remains. The office is contacting the family before releasing the man’s identity.
An autopsy is scheduled for the beginning of next week.
Stay tuned for updates as we get them.
Upstate News Headlines
- Limestone charity Thanksgiving event exceeds goals
- Legendary former USC Upstate basketball coach passes away at 76
- Jordan and Jake Recap: Peppers or Smitty for what now?
- Deputies: 2 suspects charged in connection to missing man’s body possibly found, kidnapping of woman able to escape
- Latest College Football Playoff Poll Has Clemson at #3
- Brad Brownell Gives Update on Clemson Basketball Ahead of Home Opener
- CFP Rankings LIVE – Top 25 Teams In 2nd College Football Playoff Rankings For 2021
- ACC Announces Decision on Clemson – Florida State Game
- Mike Bobo News Conference — 12/1/20
- #GivingTuesday: Culinary Concert