Greenville, South Carolina is ranked the No. 6 Best Small City in the United States in the 2020 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. This marks the fourth time Greenville, South Carolina has been named to the esteemed Readers’ Choice Awards, announced this morning.
Condé Nast Traveler readers cast more than 715,000 votes rating their travel experiences across the globe. In this most unusual of years, readers’ votes carry even greater weight, because they show what matters most at a time when people aren’t able to travel the way they want to.
“The results of this year’s survey, conducted at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, are a testament to the lasting power of a meaningful travel experience,” said Jesse Ashlock, U.S. Editor of Condé Nast Traveler. “The winners represent the best of the best for our audience and offer plenty of trip-planning inspiration for all the adventures we can’t wait to have next.”
Charleston (#1) and Greenville (#6) were the only South Carolina cities to make this list along with an impressive line-up of some of the most remarkable destinations in the United States.
#1 Charleston, SC
#2 Santa Fe, NM
#3 Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
#4 Laguna Beach, CA
#5 Alexandria, VA
#6 Greenville, SC
#7 Aspen, CO
#8 Savannah, GA
#9 Jackson Hole, WY
#10 Key West, FL
City of Greenville Mayor Knox White said, “One of Greenville’s greatest strengths is its natural beauty, walkability and urban greenspace. People are ready to safely be outside. A bike ride along the Swamp Rabbit Trail, a stroll through Falls Parks and outdoor dining along Main Street are just what the doctor ordered. Greenville is ready to welcome new and repeat visitors. Our place on this prestigious list will hasten our economic recovery.”
“This is a celebration of the best in the world! And is a testament to the vision of our civic/community leadership who have transformed Greenville into one of America’s most remarkable, dynamic and energized communities. Travel and Tourism is economic development, making the cash register ring here at home through visitor spending,” said Chris Stone, CEO/President with VisitGreenvilleSC.
The Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards are the longest-running and most prestigious recognition of excellence in the travel industry. All the winners will be celebrated in the November 2020 issue of Condé Nast Traveler US and UK print editions as well as online. For
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level
- Buncombe deputies searching for missing man