Roanoke, USA city in Virginia during spring with Mill Mountain iconic star during sunny day
It’s no secret that Roanoke is a hub for adventure, making it a favorite for travel, recreation, and living, and the perfect place to host the annual outdoor festival, The Anthem Roanoke GO Outside Festival (GO Fest). Though for many this year did not go exactly as planned, communities were driven to get creative in the ways they come together.
The Roanoke Outside Foundation and Roanoke Parks and Recreation have not only ensured that GO Fest will be happening this weekend (Oct 16-18) by closely adhering to all CDC guidelines, they also made sure that it would give back to it’s community with a new program, Project Outside, all while doing what they do best—getting people to go outside and play.
“We really had to do our due diligence,” said Julia Boas, Events Director
Upstate News Headlines
- Changes coming to popular Spatanburg County park
- AARP: South Carolina leads the nation in nursing home deaths from COVID-19
- Changes are coming to a popular Upstate park
- Republicans doubt Mnuchin and Pelosi can come up with a stimulus deal they can support
- Jeff Bridges announces he was diagnosed with lymphoma
- Jeff Bridges says he has lymphoma, cites good prognosis
- US elections 2020: Joe Biden and Donald Trump's possible paths to power – podcast
- Small tsunami generated by magnitude 7.5 earthquake that prompted evacuation orders