City of Simpsonville playgrounds will open Saturday after having been closed more than a month in the interest of public health.
Officials closed playgrounds, public restrooms and parks in March in accordance with national guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention to help slow the spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019.
Alder, City, College and Heritage parks and the Dog Spot were reopened in April. Public restrooms and shelters will reopen Saturday in addition to playgrounds.
Parks & Recreation Director Robbie Davis said the phased opening effectively balances public health with quality of life.
“Public health is the top priority for the City of Simpsonville and Parks & Recreation Department, and that has guided us in deciding what to reopen and when to do so,” Davis said.
The public can rent shelters again and may call the Parks & Recreation Department at 864-967-9533 to reserve them. Heritage Park Railway, a replica locomotive train, will also reopen Saturday.
Now that playgrounds and parks are again open, Park Hop, the free summer-long scavenger hunt across Greenville County, is in full-swing. The City of Simpsonville is participating in the scavenger hunt and encourages the public to visit www.parkhop.org to register for it.
City officials are asking the public to follow CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19, which can be found by visiting www.cdc.gov.
For more information, contact Justin Lee Campbell, community relations specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greenville County Schools Offer Updates via Facebook Live & New 2020 School Roadmap
- Carolina Music Museum Changes Names to the Sigal Music Museum
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- No Football Could Be a Big Problem for the City of Clemson and the Upstate
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate Officially Re-Opens: What You Need to Know
- Artists Picking Artists: Salti Ray
- Table 301 and Edwin McCain Team Up For Child’s Haven’s Virtual Foodies For Futures
- Reedy River Duck Derby Goes Virtual This Saturday
- Euphoria Greenville Tapas & Tinis Set For July 10th: What You Need to Know About Their New Event Protocols
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate