NEW TIMING: A cold front combined with the remnants of Sally will bring very heavy rain to the area Thursday and Friday. 3-5″+ will be likely. MUCH colder air settles in the for weekend. 40s and 50s for lows!
Forecast on Upstate Impacts
At 700 AM CDT (1200 UTC), the center of Hurricane Sally was located near latitude 29.1 North, longitude 88.0 West. Sally is moving toward the northwest near 2 mph (4 km/h), and this general motion is expected to continue this morning. A northward turn is expected this afternoon, followed by a slow north-northeastward to northeastward motion tonight and continuing through Wednesday night. On the forecast track, the center of Sally will pass near the coast of southeastern Louisiana today, and make landfall in the hurricane warning area tonight or Wednesday morning.
Maximum sustained winds are near 85 mph (140 km/h) with higher gusts. Although little change in strength is forecast until landfall occurs, Sally is still expected to be a dangerous hurricane when it moves onshore along the north-central Gulf coast.
Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 45 miles (75 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 125 miles (205 km).
The estimated minimum central pressure based on data from the Air Force Hurricane Hunter aircraft is 982 mb (29.00 inches).
- Sunday Highlights: Upstate Things to Do
- Be Local With Our New Greenville Places Map
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update: September 26th
- Camping Around Greenville: Guide to Upstate Camping Sites
- Upstate Weekend Highlights: Upstate Things to Do September 25th-27th
- 2020 State of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits Franchise: Rabbits Rising
- Greenville County Schools: Some students to return to 4 and 5-day-a-week in-person classes!
- A Little Something For Everybody Across the Upstate This Weekend
- Greenville Calendar: Wednesday Things to Do in the Upstate
- Greer Station Announces Dine on Trade Starting October 2nd
Upstate News Headlines
- Very Cold October + a Look at Winter 2020 – 2021
- FUNNIEST AND CUTEST ANIMALS – AWW TRY NOT TO LAUGH – funny and cute animals video SEPTEMBER 2020
- Cute and funny cat videos compilation # 1 | funny cats | cute animals | cat videos
- Science shows watching cute animals is good for your health
- Possible plane crash at Union Co. airport
- Bubba Chandler Highlights TD Drive First Half
- Taylor’s Take: Tigers in the NFL
- 60 second with Jo: How Galloway kept the faith last season
- Two Minute Drill: Clemson defensive tackle Jordan Williams
- Two Minute Drill:Clemson tight end Braden Galloway