Firefighters continued to make progress containing the Camp Daniel Boone Fire in Haywood County and the Cals Creek Fire in Macon County. Firefighters are monitoring the fires, which are 80% and 90% contained.
Unless conditions change, no additional fire activity is expected on either fire. This will be the last update on the Camp Daniel Boone and Cals Creek fires. The Camp Daniel Boone Fire remained at 72 acres and is now 80% contained.
The fire started Friday, April 3 on private property off Little East Fork Rd. and burned into the Shining Rock Wilderness Area on the Pisgah Ranger District of Pisgah National Forest. 10 US Forest Service firefighters remain on scene to monitor the fire and patrol for any remaining hot spots near the fire lines.
The northern Art Loeb and Little East Fork trailheads remain closed due to the fire operations but are expected to reopen later
Upstate News Headlines
- ‘Everything on the table’ if COVID-19 spikes in City of Columbia, leaders say
- SC sees 755 COVID cases day after posting almost 1,300
- Halloween 2020 by the numbers
- Chapman announces football game against Clover cancelled
- Tips to have a safe, Happy Halloween in a COVID-19 world
- US seeing massive rise in COVID-19 cases as death toll steadily increases
- LCSD 55 expands student attendance, includes sixth grade, high school seniors
- As COVID-19 resurges, so does fear of more economic pain ahead
- Minnesota health department reports 3 COVID-19 outbreaks related to Trump campaign events
- Trump eyes hosting election night party at his DC hotel