On December 11, 2020, Beaufort Police Department in South Carolina responded to a suicidal subject armed with 2 knives. After officers convinced him to drop the knives, the subject remained uncooperative.
Officers the used the #BolaWrap® remote restraint device to safely subdue a noncompliant subject and take him into custody without injury. The subject was safely transported to hospital for evaluation.
To watch news coverage of the encounter, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zFj1O282SM
For more information on the #BolaWrap, please visit: https://wrap.com
To request BolaWrap training or a quote, click here: https://wraptechnologies.typeform.com/to/QrBE1v/
*Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Video: SC DHEC Provides update on Covid-19 Vaccine
- South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham speaks on inauguration, “time to move on”
- Ben Crump & Bakari Sellers file civil rights lawsuit against Anderson Co. Sheriff’s Office
- Capitol rioters planned to ‘capture and assassinate,’ officials say
- District: Woman killed in wreck was school bus driver for Pickens Co. students
- Prisma Health to open large Upstate vaccination site Monday
- SLED says deputies used 'appropriate force' in shooting of teen girl; civil lawsuit filed in case
- Large-scale location to get COVID-19 vaccine opens in Greenville on Monday
- Where does SC rank in the U.S. in percentage of distributed COVID vaccines administered?
- How will school closures affect children in the long run? Wars, disease and natural disasters offer clues