As we head into fall, what better place to get outside and experience the changing leaves than Madison County, Va. Rich in history and scenic views, you will find adventure is all around you.
While you are in the area, you can’t miss Shenandoah National Park, the crown jewel of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Access overlooks with sweeping views and dozens of trailheads from Skyline Drive or start your hike from one of the parking lots along the park’s boundary.
Old Rag Mountain, photo by John Berry
Old Rag Mountain, one of the most popular hikes in the region, features a challenging rock scramble and beautiful panoramic views of the county. Depending on how much time you want to spend and how many miles you want to hike, choose from a variety of routes to reach the summit, including an alternate route if you are hiking with pets. If
Upstate News Headlines
- City of Greenville encouraging people to shop local on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday
- Upstate small businesses gearing up for unprecedented Black Friday
- The Funniest Thanksgiving Tweets of 2020
- Dispatch: Crews tackle fire at residence in Spartanburg
- These Are Hands Down The Greatest Sandwiches Of All Time
- Greenville PD offers advice on protecting packages from porch pirates in 2020
- Southeast Weather: Wild Start to December?
- Thanksgiving food distribution happening today in Greenville County
- Turkey Day 5-Can Run marks 29th year
- News Update from FOX Carolina