Q&A with Jordan Jonas, Winner of the TV Series Alone
He was left in the Arctic with only a few tools to survive the winter. How long did he last?
If you’re looking for a binge-worthy show set in the outdoors, Alone strips reality TV to its most primal: 10 people are dropped off in the wilderness with only a backpack and a camera—and an emergency satellite phone to call when they are ready to quit. Whoever survives the longest wins.
The competition always takes place in some of the wildest and coldest places on the planet—including Canada, Patagonia, and the Arctic. Not surprisingly, many of the competitors hail from northern climes. But one of its most recent winners was from Southern Appalachia.
Jordan Jonas of Lynchburg, Va., won season 6 of Alone—outlasting military survivalists, world-class hunters, and primitive skills professionals. Key to his success was shooting a 900-pound moose
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- North Carolina to pay for rides to COVID-19 vaccination sites
- North Carolina COVID hospitalizations are leveling off. Here’s why.
- Lancaster man identified as victim in cold case homicide in South Carolina
- Trump names first lawyer for impeachment hearing as McConnell seeks delay in trial l GMA
- Back in session: South Carolina lawmakers are meeting with the vaccine advisory committee for an ad-
- South Carolina Reports 3,528 new Covid-19 Cases Friday
- Greenville suspect accused in road-rage shooting said he was having flashback
- Austin wins Senate confirmation as 1st Black Pentagon chief
- Bond film 'No Time to Die' delayed again because of virus
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1 billion ahead of tonight's drawing