Scheduled for Sat., Dec. 12 at 11 a.m., the theme for this year’s parade is “Christmas 2020,” and registration is open to businesses, civic organizations, churches, animals, motorcycles, schools and individuals.
Entry in the parade is $30 per vehicle. Click here to download an entry packet. The parade registration deadline is Fri., Dec. 4 at 5 p.m. The complete parade rules and guidelines can be downloaded here.
Changes for 2020: Please note there are changes in effect due to COVID-19 regulations.
- There will be NO CANDY distribution allowed;
- Parade entrants are to have NO CONTACT with spectators;
- Parade entrants MUST REMAIN with their entry and social distance from other entries;
- There will be NO POST-PARADE RECEPTION at the Bank of TR;
- There will be NO PICTURES with Santa at the Bank of TR;
- Any participants exhibiting signs of COVID-19 are asked to stay home; and
- Spectators MUST REMAIN in their vehicles or practice social distancing during parade.
New this year, the parade will be livestreamed. More information will be announced soon, according to organizers.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Greenville Hospitals have staff shortage
- Ski resorts opening across US
- Townhomes to replace Norris Ridge apartments in Spartanburg
- Second stimulus checks: McConnell says ‘compromise is within reach’
- 50th annual Holiday Fair returns to Greenville Convention Center
- New diversified businesses flock to Anderson Co., bringing hundreds of jobs
- 4 killed in several Upstate crashes Wednesday