It is elk mating season — and finding a partner could get dangerous.Yellowstone National Park warned visitors Friday that the season, called the elk rut, has begun and aggression could be turned toward humans passing by.The rut stretches from early September to mid-October, when bull elk “bugle” or call out to “announce their availability” to females and challenge competing males, the National Park Service said.
Upstate News Headlines
- Over 125,000 Have Lost Power During Zeta
- How this year’s antiracism protests differ from past social justice movements
- On the ground in swing states Florida, Michigan and Texas
- Why this career civil servant resigned over a Trump executive order
- DHS official says voters should be confident in election — and patient for its results
- Why we are so susceptible to misinformation
- Partisan divisions on display as social media CEOs testify before Senate panel
- Tropical Storm Zeta: Pictures from trees down around the area
- Dow drops sharply as coronavirus cases surge
- What's the deal with the Electoral College?