A week ago, the New York Yankees took the field in Buffalo against the Toronto Blue Jays feeling frustrated and disappointed about being a .500 team.
Fast forward nine days and the red-hot Yankees look to match a season high with their seventh straight win Wednesday night when they host Toronto at Yankee Stadium.
New York (27-21) is a half-game ahead of Toronto (26-21) in second place in the American League East and as the fifth seed in the expanded postseason field. The Yankees opened the series with a 20-6 rout Tuesday and during their second-longest winning streak of the season, they are outscoring opponents 48-11.
“No, no, never,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone told reporters when asked if he ever lost confidence in his players during a 5-15 slide from Aug. 18-Sept. 8. “Obviously, you’re frustrated. It makes for some sleepless nights but no never losing belief in these guys and
Upstate News Headlines
- California will now require more diversity on company boards
- It's October 3rd: 13 'Mean Girls' mistakes you probably missed
- Plexiglass dividers in some classrooms may allow for more face-to-face learning in Greenville County
- Tracking cold air
- Hear Mumford & Sons Play Babel Deep Cuts and More on This Day in 2012
- AC/DC Reunite & Tease New Album
- Monsterland's Dreary, Uneven Fairy Tale Anthology Is Committed to Bumming You Out
- ABCs of Horror: “A” Is for Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)
- Raised by Wolves Finale: What In Sol's Name Did I Just Watch?
- Laura Jane Grace Surprise Releases New Album Stay Alive