KCCI 8 NEWS AT 6:00. STEVE: YOU MAY STILL BE WORKING FROM HOME TO THE PANDEMIC SO YOU MAY BE WONDERING IF YOU QUALIFY FOR A HOME OFFICE TAX DEDUCTION.
“If you’re working as an employee for someone else, and you’re working from home, you would not be eligible for the home office deduction,” Gara said in a Zoom interview on Monday. “Currently, if you’re an employee at the moment you’re kind of out of luck.”
IRS Requirements to Claim the Home Office Deduction
Regardless of the method chosen, there are two basic requirements for your home to qualify as a deduction:
- Regular and exclusive use.
- Principal place of your business.
- Learn more at https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/home-office-deduction
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Videocast: Scattered showers return today
- NC General Assembly returns to begin work session in earnest
- Wisconsin pharmacist who sabotaged COVID-19 vaccine to plead guilty to federal charges
- IOC, Tokyo Olympics to unveil rule book for beating pandemic
- New Entertainment District could be coming to Greenville's west end
- The Latest: India vaccinates 2 million health workers
- 'Give her to us': Victoria Smith's biological family makes plea
- Harvey Guillén Breaks Down His Zoey's Playlist Departure, Teases What We Do in the Shadows Season 3
- Even with coronavirus vaccine distribution set to increase, upcoming months could be rough
- Greenville County Schools call on lawmakers to approve funds for teacher step increases