In this weekend’s Hot Clicks: Wisconsin’s quarterback play got a major upgrade Friday night, plus a muddy mess in the Upper Peninsula and more.
Nice Try, Sydney Brown
In losing to Oregon in last year’s Rose Bowl, Wisconsin failed to close the decade with a 103rd win, which, after the national championship, would’ve tied LSU for the sixth-most wins last decade. A win also would’ve been the Badgers’ 64th in the playoff era, tying Boise State and, hours later after the Sugar Bowl, Georgia for fifth-most since 2014.
With the exception of Boise State, whose annual playoff path is arguably impassable along with every other Group of Five team, each of the teams above Wisconsin in 2014–19 wins has at least one playoff appearance. And five others below them—Florida State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Washington–have one apiece. The Badgers have eight 10-win seasons in the last 11 years, haven’t
Upstate News Headlines
- Upstate Weather: Heavy Rain Arrives Sunday Night
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th
- John Travolta posts emotional message thanking his fans for their support following his wife’s death
- Heartwarming Video Shows 16-Year-Old Dog as He Finally Finds His Family
- Local tree farms busy as families look to make new traditions
- Police ID woman killed; family says she was 5 months pregnant
- Woman rescued, man missing after inflatable boat capsizes
- How to Tell if You May Have Covid-19: Common Symptoms to Watch For
- Asheville police responding to homicide