Here’s a chance to have a great night and help support a great cause! The event includes Food, Live Music and great beer from RJ Rockers!
Enter below for a chance to win 2 Free Tickets![ninja_forms id=10]
About The Carpenter’s Table
In 2001 a concerned group of people from Tyger River Presbyterian Church, Joy Lutheran Church and Nazareth Presbyterian Church organized a food pantry to provide assistance to people suffering from food scarcity on the west side of Spartanburg County. In 2004 there were just 32 families served by the food pantry. As of January 2010, we have served many families in need. Currently, our Outreach Center serves hundreds of households each month.
A New Vision is Formed…
As the food pantry grew to meet the increasing needs within the community, it became apparent that a larger space would be needed. A Visioning Team was formed to determine the space needs, future funding requirements, and additional services that might be offered to those in need.
As a result, in December of 2009, The Carpenter’s Table Community Outreach Center opened as a “stand alone” facility which is non-profit and tax exempt.. We offer those in need a place where they can obtain basic food supplies and be offered additional community services to help address the core problems associated with hunger. Through this new building and partnerships developed with area churches and local professional agencies, we plan to provide information about other services such as blood pressure screening, diabetes information, health screening, information on dietary guidelines and other services that might further assist the needy.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Greer man charged in connection with U.S. Capitol riot
- Law enforcement, first responders, and other frontline employees eligible to get vaccinated in NC We
- S.C. to begin Phase 1B of state’s vaccination plan on March 8
- Police: Neighbors asked to stay inside after man fires shots, barricades in home
- Electric chair, firing squad for executions in SC passes key vote in Senate
- SC DHEC Covid-19 Update: March 3rd
- Greenville PD: Manhunt underway for driver who fled from police in stolen car, now running on foot
- DHEC gives new details on Janssen vaccine availability as Phase 1B is set to begin Monday
- Big companies in Texas and Mississippi will still require masks as states end mandates
- 3 children abducted by mother in Hendersonville Co. tracked across two states, recovered by U.S. Marshals