Tea Katai, Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder Aleksandar Katai’s wife, shared racist and violent posts on Instagram about the George Floyd protests.
Tea Katai, wife of Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder Aleksandar Katai, shared racist and violent posts on social media about the protests happening throughout the country in response to the killing of George Floyd.
In her since-deleted posts on Instagram, Tea Katai called protesters “disgusting cattle” and mocked the Black Lives Matter movement with the comment “Black Nikes Matter.”
The team issued a statement about the posts Wednesday evening: “Earlier today, the LA Galaxy were made aware of a series of racist and violent social media posts by Tea Katai, the wife of LA Galaxy midfielder Aleksandar Katai. The LA Galaxy strongly condemned the social posts and requested their immediate removal. The LA Galaxy stands firmly against racism of any kind, including that which suggests violence or seeks to demean the
Upstate News Headlines
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Learn How To Make Easy DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs for the Holidays
- Limestone to present honorary doctoral degree to first African-American graduate
- Watch The Avett Brothers World Cafe At Home Session
- 60 Seconds with Jo: Swinney Reacts to ACC Sceduling Decision
- Two Minute Drill: Trevor Lawrence on Va Tech, the Heisman, and more
- Two Minute Drill: Dabo Swinney on Va Tech, The Heisman, and more
- Five Places Where Eighty Percent of Covid-19 Transmission Occurs
- Deputies: Man charged with murder in September deadly shooting at Greenville Co. park
- Wofford men’s basketball game canceled