Last year we saw a lot of shortages. Toilet paper, sanitizing wipes, even some types of food.
And now because of the pandemic, you could be paying more for your daily cup of joe.
The pandemic is driving up the cost of coffee. Let’s connect the dots.
Coffee roasters in the US are reporting major cost increases in their operations. It’s mostly related to shipping.
That’s because the global food trade is experiencing a container crisis.
According to the Wall Street Journal, shipping backlogs pushed coffee prices to their highest in more than a year.
And that cost may get passed along to the rest of us.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC