Cut, color, clarity, and carat. These are the four qualities that sushi chef Masayuki Komatsu learned to look for from his father, a diamond appraiser, in the imported fish he gets from Japan for his omakase-style restaurant, Hiyakawa in Miami.
He looks for the right colors in his fish, the “carat” in the weight of the fish, then to the eyes, and gills to show for clarity and quality. “Lastly, the cut. That is on me. It’s important I do
Upstate News Headlines
- City of Greenville encouraging people to shop local on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday
- Upstate small businesses gearing up for unprecedented Black Friday
- The Funniest Thanksgiving Tweets of 2020
- Dispatch: Crews tackle fire at residence in Spartanburg
- These Are Hands Down The Greatest Sandwiches Of All Time
- Greenville PD offers advice on protecting packages from porch pirates in 2020
- Southeast Weather: Wild Start to December?
- Thanksgiving food distribution happening today in Greenville County
- Turkey Day 5-Can Run marks 29th year
- News Update from FOX Carolina