Millions of Americans are waiting for lawmakers on Capitol Hill to come to an agreement on a second coronavirus stimulus package. It’s been months now since funds from the original CARES Act ran out. Dr. Lisa Cook, a professor of economics at Michigan State University and a former senior economist at the President’s Council of Economic Advisers, discusses who needs a second round of stimulus the most, and why lawmakers should have a better system in place for the next economic crisis.
Upstate News Headlines
- Santa Claus is Coming to Soby’s This Sunday!
- Vaccine’s ability to slow spread needs to be demonstrated: Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine is 94.1% effective in final results
- Covid wreaks havoc with sports world
- Breaking down how the Bucs can defeat the Chiefs in Week 12 | NFL Countdown
- Clemson RB Travis Etienne Scores Twice Against Pitt
- Cyber Monday safety tips from Merit Technologies
- Upstate businesses prepare for ‘Cyber Monday’
- Local artists finding a deeper reason for the holiday season
- Local non-profit asks people to write a Christmas card to a veteran