“I don’t have any words. I want to cry.”
Quite the turnaround for Giolito
Watching Lucas Giolito pitch on Tuesday night, you’d have a hard time remembering that he was probably the worst starter in all of baseball just two years ago.
Giolito threw 2020’s first no-hitter, mowing down the Pirates with just 101 pitches. He struck out 13 and induced 30 swings-and-misses, the most in a no-hitter since Nolan Ryan’s 31 in 1990 and the most in any game since James Paxton had 31 in 2018. A leadoff walk issued to Erik González in the fourth was the only thing keeping Giolito from perfection.
For White Sox manager Rick Renteria, seeing Giolito dominate like that was a little overwhelming.
He’s one of the guys that’s done so much in terms of turning himself around,” Renteria said. “Wow, it’s just, I can’t—I don’t have any words. I just want to cry. I’m really,
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- 753 new and probable COVID-19 cases and Zero deaths reported in South Carolina April 12th
- Greenville Seeing Very High Pollen Count This Week
- The Week Ahead: Events, Live Music and Food Truck Calendar for Greenville & The Upstate
- Reasons To Stage Your Home Before You Sell It
- Peace Center Announces White Claw Concert Series
- 2021 Park Hop Registration is Now Open!
- National Weather Service Confirms Saturday Tornado in Seneca
- Vaccine appointments becoming more available in South Carolina
- Greenville’s DMV Offices are moving: What you need to know
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC