A lot of people ask where to get sushi in Greenville and the Upstate of South Carolina. We all have our favorite spots for sushi but it’s always great to get recommendations from people you trust. Today, our friends at Pimento & Prose have given us a great review of their latest sushi outing at Irashiai. Judging from the photos and their review, we need to schedule a trip soon!
Jamie and I (and our buddy Eric) decided to get sushi from Irashiai for Valentine’s Day dinner last night, and as usual, they did not disappoint!
….I have never had a bad thing from here. Every time we visit, the place is always packed, take out lines out the door, and with them being around for 20 years, it’s easy to see why! ….
Every time we go, we try something different from the menu. This time, we tried their fried rice, got two sushi rolls, and two appetizers…..
The first roll, the “DANIEL MORGAN”, had jalapeño tempura and spicy tuna salad inside, topped with seared seasoned salmon, and served w/a sesame dressing (that also tasted like it had a hint of coffee in it too? Strange but good!). The second roll was the “RED DRAGON” – crab salad, avocado, and tempura flake topped with seared tuna, scallion, and a sweeter ponzu sauce…..
Next was chicken fried rice (tasted like the kind you’d get from a hibachi restaurant, super good!), the “Crab fingers” (their version of spring rolls, served with sriracha Mayo), and the “JALAPENO ROULETTES” (Panko fried Jalapenos stuffed with crab salad & cream cheese, served w/Hawaiian or dragon sauce)….
Our favorite roll…
I think our favorite of the two rolls was definitely the Daniel Morgan for the unique sauce and punch of spice that lended itself well to the fish. We definitely loved the Jalapeño roulettes best out of the appetizers too! ….
We hope you had a fantastic Valentine’s Day foodie friends! Where is your favorite place to get sushi in your area? Let us know!
How to Get to Irashiai
More Guest Post From Pimento & Prose
Today’s Upstate Event Calendar
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- McConnell says GOP will back Murkowski's reelection despite former President Trump's call to oust
- Smartphone addiction could ruin sleep, study says, but you can fight back
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine: what you need to know
- Former President Trump faces probes from 5 independently elected investigators. Here's where each one stands
- Mission Health hospitals to relax visitation restrictions beginning March 2
- 'We're excited': Greenville bars and restaurants react to lifted 'last call' order
- Upstate schools moving on to state championship games
- Pedestrian hit and killed on I-185 troopers says
- Coroner's office responding to fatal crash involving pedestrian in Greenville
- Pedestrian hit by 3 cars dies on I-185, troopers say