The House is expected to vote on President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill today. If approved, which appears likely, the bill will head to Biden’s desk for his signature. Rachel Lundberg breaks down who will get a $1,400 stimulus check and when we might start to see those payments.
Billie Jean Shaw has details on Mecklenburg County’s Group 3 vaccination rollout, as appointments begin today for front-line essential workers.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools leaders voted to increase in-person learning for all students during Tuesday night’s board meeting. Richard DeVayne has the details, including the new way middle and high school students will attend class.
Plus, Ben Thompson connects the dots on why women are seeing more side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine and why scientists say it’s normal.
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always, join our conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- 703 new and probable COVID-19 cases and 13 deaths reported in South Carolina April 13th
- Daily Cleaning Tasks All Offices Must Complete
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- How To Know When Your Drain Has a Serious Problem