During the 10 years I have worked at Blue Ridge Outdoors, there has been a standing joke that one day we will publish a magazine called Blue Ridge Indoors. It’s been one of our go-to April Fools’ Day pranks, and a common elbow jab during particularly rainy summers or winters. But with the rise of COVID-19 and resulting isolation, social distancing is confining us to our homes for the foreseeable future, and Blue Ridge Indoors may finally see the light of… lamp.
Ideally, you are still able to unplug and get outside for a bit each day, but that being said, there are still things you can do indoors that engage your love of the outdoors. Here are 10 ways to connect with your inner adventurer while being confined within the walls of your home.
Watch a great outdoor documentary.
Start with Free Solo, Our Planet, Meru, Valley Uprising, Maiden
Upstate News Headlines
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th
- John Travolta posts emotional message thanking his fans for their support following his wife’s death
- Heartwarming Video Shows 16-Year-Old Dog as He Finally Finds His Family
- Local tree farms busy as families look to make new traditions
- Police ID woman killed; family says she was 5 months pregnant
- Woman rescued, man missing after inflatable boat capsizes
- How to Tell if You May Have Covid-19: Common Symptoms to Watch For
- Asheville police responding to homicide
- DHEC: 1,797 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, no confirmed new deaths