CHARLOTTE — After missing last week’s loss to the Bears with a knee injury, wide receiver Curtis Samuel is active for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
Samuel has been a critical third-down target for Carolina this season, recording nine first downs on 13 touches. Overall, Samuel has 19 receptions for 183 yards and 15 carrels for 63 yards.
Cornerback Donte Jackson (toe) and cornerback Eli Apple (hamstring) are also active, which is vital for the secondary against future Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees. With cornerback Rasul Douglas on the reserve/COVID-19 list and safety Juston Burris going on the reserve/injured list this week, the Panthers will start rookies Troy Pride Jr. and Sam Franklin at cornerback and safety, respectively.
However, the secondary will get a bit of a break with Saints wide receivers Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders out for Week 7. Thomas
- 60 Seconds with Jo: Swinney Reacts to ACC Sceduling Decision
- Two Minute Drill: Trevor Lawrence on Va Tech, the Heisman, and more
- Two Minute Drill: Dabo Swinney on Va Tech, The Heisman, and more
- Fantasy Football Week 13 Preview
- Jeremy Chinn named Defensive Rookie of the Month for November
- ACC Remember When: Clemson Goes Back-To-Back
- South Carolina Coaching Search Update: Napier or Beamer?
- College Football Week 14 Predictions (Late Kick Cut)
- College Football Playoff Rankings – Rapid Reaction (Late Kick Cut)
- Teddy Bridgewater a nominee for the 2020 Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
Upstate News Headlines
- The Merge Records Roster Covers Georgia Bands to Raise Money for Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight
- The Funniest Tweets of the Week
- Former Marine, fiance trying to move forward after their houseboat sank
- Greenville Law Enforcement hold 20th annual Eric Nicholson Blood drive
- DHEC outlines vaccine plans
- T.L. Hanna addresses state championship ticket issue
- Upstate radio station hosts toy drive
- Greenville County Schools declines rapid COVID-19 testing kits
- Man charged for September homicide
- South Carolina sees highest daily COVID-19 spike since pandemic began