CHARLOTTE – Defensive end Brian Burns (shoulder) is among five players listed as doubtful for Sunday’s season finale against the Saints.
As the designation suggests, all five are not expected to play.
The other doubtfuls are running backs Christian McCaffrey (thigh) and Mike Davis (ankle), left tackle Russell Okung (calf) and cornerback Troy Pride Jr. (hip). Because he at least practiced in limited fashion on Friday, Pride is really the only one on the list who has much of a chance to suit up Sunday.
Michael Schofield will start in place of Okung, who’s played just seven games this season.
Wide receiver Robby Anderson, who missed Wednesday’s practice with a sore groin, practiced
- Former Panthers great Dan Morgan vouches for mentor and friend Scott Fitterer
- Jordan and Jake Recap: A new GM
- Scott Fitterer offers varied experience, with a track record of success
- Panthers agree to terms with Scott Fitterer to become Carolina's new general manager
- Furman Spoils The Citadel’s Unbeaten Run, 94-88
- Honeywell, Atrium Health, Tepper Sports & Entertainment and Charlotte Motor Speedway to coordinate mass vaccination events
- James Harden Traded to the Brooklyn Nets
- Happy Half Hour Recap: The Search Narrows
- Stephen A. & Max’s ideal team for Deshaun Watson
- Panthers conduct second interviews with four general manager candidates
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Prisma health to keep COVID-19 testing sites open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Parts of the Upstate are seeing Snow Saturday
- South Carolina Reports 4,671 New Cases of Covid-19 Saturday
- Smokers in some states eligible for COVID-19 vaccine sooner, sparking frustration among others
- Woman Goes on Destructive Joyride in Stolen Postal Truck
- Flurries spotted in parts of Upstate, no accumulation expected
- Deputies respond to shots fires at Buffalo teen center
- Hot Pockets recalled over potential glass and plastic contamination
- Upcoming Major Arctic Invasion Coming to the Southeast & Upstate SC