Wednesday’s Southern Conference men’s basketball game between Furman and Western Carolina and Saturday’s game between the Catamounts and The Citadel, both scheduled to take place in Cullowhee, N.C., have been postponed due to positive COVID tests and quarantine requirements within Western Carolina’s program.
The Paladins are coming off of a 77-73 victory over previously unbeaten Chattanooga in the SoCon opener for both teams on Wednesday afternoon in Chattanooga, Tenn. Mike Bothwell paced the Paladins with 22 points, while Jalen Slawson added 16.
Furman, 7-3 overall and 1-0 in SoCon play, returns to Timmons Arena to host the Mercer Bears on Saturday at 2 p.m. The game will be streamed on ESPN+ and fans can listen to the “Voice of the Paladins”, Dan Scott, on ESPN Upstate at 97.7 FM/1330 AM in Greenville, 97.1 FM/ 950 AM in Spartanburg, and thru the Radio.com app.
Stay tuned to FurmanPaladins.com for updates on the Paladins and the 2020-21 men’s basketball schedule.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, dozens of others
- President Trump may pardon Steve Bannon as one of his final acts in office, per sources
- Mega Millions jackpot now $865M, Tuesday's winning numbers drawn
- Some SC seniors frustrated trying to register for COVID-19 vaccine appointment
- Tuesday MegaMillions numbers announced
- Spindale police looking for missing man, 19
- Discovery of 99-million-year-old beetle may shine light on mystery of bioluminescence
- 'My donor saved me twice': Double lung transplant recipient survives COVID-19
- Former South Carolina quarterback Hilinski announces transfer destination
- Dinosaur fossils could belong to the world's largest ever creature