On this day in 1977, The Clash dropped their self-titled debut album on CBS Records, and it still stands up as one of punk’s most essential releases. With their speedy and reckless yet musically adept political punk rock, The Clash arguably became the most influential punk band of their era.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Woman's search for biological parents leads her to the FBI's Most Wanted List
- Iowa mother tells how she saved her family from serious I-80 pile up
- Turning cooler this weekend
- Why testing for COVID-19 is still important
- President Biden lauds NASA team for giving US 'dose of confidence'
- Behind Elliott's career night, Clemson women advance to ACC Quarterfinals
- Westside Rams girls basketball team celebrate first state title since 1992
- Upstate fire chief has passed away, officials say
- Long time Campobello fire chief passes away
- Watch Shaquille O’Neal Get Slammed Through a Table in Pro Wrestling Match