** (Disclaimer: This video content is intended for educational and informational purposes only) **
Pasco County, Florida — On Tuesday, March 23, Pasco Sheriff’s Office received a call about a car that was just stolen. Deputies immediately responded to the area and K9 Dep. Miller and K9 Buster began tracking the suspects. For approximately 30 minutes, the team tracked through a wooded area and a swamp, ultimately locating one of the subjects in a bush. A short time later, the second subject was located by deputies as well and both were arrested for the vehicle theft.
A K9’s sense of smell is so incredible, they even have the ability to track scents over water and can decipher between specific scents to track. That means they can track a specific person through a crowd. You see an example of this at the beginning of the track, when K9 Dep. Miller has K9 Buster track from the car’s driver side, past other deputies.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC