The Asian giant hornet is an invasive species that poses a grave threat to bees—and even to humans who cross its path. These aggressive hornets will slaughter entire colonies of bees to feed on larvae, and can sting humans through protective beekeeping garb. Officials in Washington state, where the insects were first spotted in the U.S., are trying to eradicate them before they spread to the rest of the country. NewsHour Weekend’s Mori Rothman reports.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Neighbors react to woman’s arrest by FBI for participation in capitol riots
- Greenville News Update for Monday
- Blue Monday is not real but winter’s impact on your mood can be
- Pelion native and lifelong Gamecock fan Justin Stepp excited to be at Carolina
- SC National Guard members in D.C. for inauguration security
- 76 new confirmed deaths, 4,584 new Covid-19 cases in South Carolina
- SC DHEC working to get vaccines to rural areas
- Zion Williamson erupts for 31 points [HIGHLIGHTS] | NBA on ESPN
- Urban Meyer will learn the difference between college and NFL soon – Rex Ryan | NFL Countdown
- What’s shaking in South Florida? It wasn’t an earthquake.