Washington QB Kyle Allen was carted off the field Sunday vs. the Giants after suffering a severe ankle injury.
Washington Football Team quarterback Kyle Allen will miss the remainder of the season after dislocating his ankle Sunday vs. the Giants, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
According to The MMQB’s Albert Breer, Allen has a dislocated ankle and a small chip in his ankle.
While NFL Network reported Monday that Allen is expected to miss the rest of the season, Washington head coach Ron Rivera remained a bit optimistic and said it would be premature to say Allen is out for the year. Allen is expected to see a doctor and undergo an MRI on Monday.
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported Monday that Allen is expected to undergo surgery in the coming weeks.
“Just want to thank everyone for the overwhelming love and support today,” Allen said Monday in an Instagram post. “This is the unfortunate part
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports 3,567 New Cases as DHEC Gives COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- Vice President Harris: A new chapter opens in US politics
- LIVE: Biden sworn in as America's 46th president, Harris becomes first female VP
- Carolina prisons get first wave of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- US Surgeon General Jerome Adams asked to step down by Biden team
- ‘Tiger King’ Star Joe Exotic Expected Pardon From President Trump, Books Limo
- SCEL: No Tuesday winner, Mega Millions jackpot now up to $970 million
- The Latest: Biden calls on Americans to overcome divisions
- Read the letters outgoing presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office