WanderLove is about reconnecting with what you love. Experience peaceful rivers, relaxing wineries, and all of the winding roads in between when you road trip through Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Va.
Nestled at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains just a short drive from our nation’s capital, you’ll be surrounded by beautiful vistas and endless outdoor adventures. After a day soaking up the sun, kick back at one of the unique culinary and spirit experiences in the area. Discover the best spots to play, eat, and stay in this guide to Charlottesville and Albemarle County.
Go Outside and Play
The greater Charlottesville area offers outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds a place to get outside, from city and national parks to two nearby rivers.
Starting at Kemper Park with an arboretum of native flora, the Saunders-Monticello Trail winds two miles through hardwood forests and deep ravines to the visitor
Upstate News Headlines
- Police investigating following shots fired at the Plantations at Haywood Apartments
- One student in custody, another in the hospital following shooting at Hendersonville Middle School
- Furman men’s basketball Returns to downtown Greenville and Bon Secours Wellness Arena
- South Carolina Coaching Search *UPDATED*
- 1 student shot at Hendersonville Middle School
- Missing teen in Buncombe County
- We're All Nostalgic for Metropolitan's Chatty Afterparty on Its 30th Anniversary
- 12-year-old shot at Hendersonville Middle School; Student in custody
- Record visitation at Great Smoky Mountains National Park presents challenges; How to help