A superb finish to the 2019 season has fantasy fans wanting more from Los Angeles Dodgers SP Walker Buehler. SI Fantasy expert Shawn Childs breaks down his potential.
Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Walker Buehler met the high expectations coming from his 2018 campaign.
He finished with a 14-4 record with a 3.26 ERA & 1.04 WHIP over 182.1 innings and 215 Ks. Buehler pitched like his teammate, three-time Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw because of an impressive walk rate (1.8) and strikeout rate (10.6). The next step in his development is staying on the mound. He lacks the length in games to be considered a workhorse ace, yet earning more innings in his appearances should be considered a given in this upcoming shortened season.
His 2019 began with two awful appearances in his first three starts (11 runs and 18 baserunners over 12 innings with 9 Ks). Yet by
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Reports Over 2400 New Covid-19 Infections Friday
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level